What is a Prepaid Card?
A prepaid card is a card you can use to pay for things online or in-store. Unlike credit and debit cards, prepaid cards are not linked to bank accounts. When you use a prepaid card, you are spending money that you have already loaded onto the card.
How does a Prepaid Card work?
Prepaid cards can be purchased online through vendors such as Vasco Pay or select payment institutions. To order a card, you’ll need to provide information about yourself and your contact details.
Generally prepaid cards can be used much like debit cards. The Vasco Pay Prepaid Cards can be used online, in-store, via PayWave and with Google and Samsung Pay, wherever Visa is accepted.
What is Neosurf?
Neosurf is an online voucher and account that allows you to make purchases online without disclosing your personal and credit card information.
How does Neosurf work?
Instead of using a credit or debit card, you can visit a retail store and use cash to buy a Neosurf voucher. Alternatively, you can register a Neosurf account and buy vouchers online through their website. You can then use your secure Neosurf pin to make purchases at approved online merchants.
You can use Neosurf at thousands of online merchants, wherever you see the Neosurf logo. Online gaming and trading are the most common popular ways people use Neosurf.
How are Prepaid Cards and Neosurf similar and different?
- You can make purchases online, including online gaming and trading.
- You can top them up when funds are running low or have run out.
- You can buy them online, through Neosurf or prepaid card vendors.
- You can access your account online or via a mobile app.
- Both protect your personal information online as they are not linked to your bank account.
- Prepaid cards are accepted across most online and in-store merchants with Visa, whereas you can only use Neosurf at select retail partners.
- You can withdraw cash from ATMs with prepaid cards, while remaining Neosurf balance can be transferred to another Neosurf account.
- You can top up Neosurf with cash at select retailers, while you will need a bank account to top up prepaid cards.
- Neosurf vouchers have the ability to be completely anonymous as you don’t need to register your details anywhere. Prepaid cards require some basic information, such as name, phone number, email, address and a proof of ID.
Which should I use for online gaming / trading / shopping?
Both Neosurf and prepaid cards are suitable for online purchases, including gaming, trading and general shopping. They are both easy to use and secure payment options that lowers the risk of your personal and bank information from being skimmed.
While Neosurf have the ability to be completely anonymous, you will need to purchase the vouchers at select retailers. On the other hand, Vasco Pay Prepaid Cards will be registered to your name but offer great protection against fraud with and Visa’s Zero Liability Policy.
Whether a cashless voucher or a prepaid card is better for you ultimately comes down to the type of online purchases you want to make and what the merchants will accept. It’s also important to work out how important features of privacy, convenience in reloading money and cashing out are to you.
INTERESTED IN A PREPAID CARD SOLUTION?
Our Visa Prepaid Cards are perfect for online shoppers and e-commerce retailers seeking offer a payment solution for their customers.